Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Baptist Catechism Question 7

I am still hanging in there and learning more about it weekly. Are you hanging in there with us? I do hope so!

I am getting A Baptist Catechism from Desiring God website.

Question 7: What do the Scriptures mainly teach?

Answer: The Scriptures mainly teach what man is to believe about God and what duty God requires of man.

Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:16-17; John 20:31; Acts 24:14; 1 Corinthians 10:11; Ecclesiastes 12:13. (I will be posting it below, so that you don't have to go to the link. All the link will be English Standard Version "ESV".)

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God [1] may be competent, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV

31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31 ESV

14 But this I confess to you, that according to the Way, which they call a sect, I worship the God of our fathers, believing everything laid down by the Law and written in the Prophets, Acts 24:14 ESV

11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come. 1 Corinthians 10:11 ESV

13 The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13 ESV

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

No comments: